A 40-member Australian smart infrastructure delegation met with India’s leading infrastructure companies in New Delhi today. The delegation participated in a business round table organised by organised by The Australian Trade & Investment Commission (Austrade), Australian Government in partnership with The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
Mr Barry O’Farrell, New South Wales Special Enjoy to India; Mr Amit Singh, Director Smart Cities, PwC India; Mr Snigdho Majumdar, Head Smart Cities, Engineers India Ltd and Mr Pavitra Roy, Executive Vice President, Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS), Mr. A.K. Bansal, Director, IPE Global participated in the round table along with representatives of leading infrastructure companies in India
Key discussions at the round table included
Australia – The ideal partner for Indian Infrastructure Companies
Australia is the ideal partner for India’s infrastructure companies. Australia has significant expertise in
- Urban design and master planning – architecture, landscape design, master planning, building technologies
- Intelligent transport systems – ITS solutions across a multitude of applications relating to road safety (including vehicle to infrastructure), transport and logistics, intermodal
- and multimodal transport management systems, etc
- Urban water management – water resource management, urban and industrial water systems, water recycling and treatment systems, desalination, education and training in the water industry, smart water solutions, and research and innovation
- Urban and industrial water systems
- Water recycling and treatment systems
- Smart grids – solutions for micro-grids, smart grids, peak shaving and energy storage
The 40-member Australian Smart Infrastructure Delegation is a part of the 150-member Australian business delegation that are currently in India as part of The Australia Business Week in India 2017 (ABWI) organised by The Australian Trade & Investment Commission (Austrade), Australian Government.
The Australia Business Week in India features more than 50 business events and activities spread across 6 cities. The ABWI Australian business delegation would visit New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bhopal, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. ABWI will feature seminars, roundtables and site visits with Indian businesses, industry and government. The week-long series of activities is designed to enhance Australia’s trade, education and investment relationships with India.